Monday 1 June 2009

Circus Festival Trapezi Vilanova 2009



The budget for the circus festival Trapezi/Vilanova’09 was € 119.000 compared to € 147.000 last year and I think that was a sensible cut. Although I hope that, in the future, this town will be able to recuperate its full historic circus profile, I accept that this year of crisis and rising unemployment figures is not the time to do so.



And in spite of the cost savings, I enjoyed Trapezi as much as ever and consider myself very fortunate to – totally by chance – have moved to a town where once a year I can see quality circus in the streets of the town. So far, I have not seen any visitor statistics, but from my own observations I would say that there were more spectators this year than in 2008. Can it be that, when money is tight, we are all more inclined to choose entertainment which is ‘for free’?

- - -
Find here a an entry on the background of Trapezi, in Reus and in Vilanova i la Geltrú.


- - -
Technorati tags: Catalonia, Circus, Vilanova

No comments: